Part 1: Driver Installation
Before you attempt unlocking your Sony Ericsson E15i Xperia X8 you will need to install the SEMC flash drivers & ADB drivers. To follow is a very simple but detailed step by step guide that will help you install the drivers correctly.
- Download the Unlocking Server software: GSM_Toolkit.zip ( http://www.mobifreedom.net/cb/support/sony_ericsson/GSM_Toolkit.zip )
- Unzip the file to your desktop and install - DO NOT TRY TO UNLOCK YET, YOU CAN'T.
- On your PC go to 'Start' > 'All Programs' > 'Multi Unlock Client' > 'X10 Drivers'
- Choose either the 32 or 64 bit shortcut folder depending on your Operating System
- Firstly run the 'SEMC Flash Driver Install'
- Follow the install wizard
- Next run the 'ADB Driver Install'
- Again follow the install wizard
- Next connect the X10 in Flash Mode (often referred to as boot mode)
- You'll need to remove the battery for approx 10 seconds and then replace
- While the phone still turned off, press & hold the 'Back Button'
- While holding the 'Back Button' connect the USB cable
- Windows will then auto-detect any new hardware automatically installing the drivers.
- Once this has completed, disconnect the USB cable and turn the phone on.
- Next you will need to connect the phone but with 'USB Debugging' enabled
- From the phone go to 'Settings' > 'Applications' > 'Development'
- Then enable 'USB Debugging'
- Click 'Ok' to confirm USB Debugging
- Connect the USB cable
- Windows will again auto-detect the new hardware and install the new drivers.
- Once you have completed this section you can proceed to unlock your E15i Xperia X8 in Part 2.
Part 2: Unlocking your E15i Xperia X8 Mobile Phone
IMPORTANT NOTE: ** REMOVE your phones SIM card and INSERT your SD card FIRST **
Windows says it did not find the required drivers
- On your PC go to 'Start' > 'All Programs' > 'Multi Unlock Client'
- NOTE: If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, you will need to run as administrator. Simply right click on 'Unlock Client' software and choose 'Run as administrator'
- Under the settings tab, Enter your Login Username and Password we provide you
- Click 'Save Login Data'
- Next select the 'SE' (Sony Ericsson) tab in the software
- Note: Your phone must be running 'Android' V2.1 or later
- If you not unsure, simply connect the phone in 'USB Debugging Mode' & click 'Check Phone' (If you are not then please upgrade your phone and start again)
- Remove your phones battery for approx 10 seconds and replace
- Press and hold the phones back button
- While holding the back button connect the USB cable.
- The unlock client software will start the unlocking process
- When prompted, remove the USB cable and turn the phone on.
- Make sure the phone is in 'USB Debugging Mode' and re-connect the USB
- The software will complete the unlocking process.
- Your phone is now unlocked.
When connecting your E15i Xperia X8 phone in 'Debugging Mode' windows says it did not find the required drivers, please try:
Open device manager (Right Click on 'My Computer' and select 'Properties', then select 'Hardware > Device Manger')
Look for a yellow exclamation mark against the 'SDB Device', Right Click and select 'Update Driver', select 'I have Drivers Browse to location' and browse to:
WIN Vista/ Windows 7
C:Program Files (x86)Multi Unlock Clientadb
C:Program FilesMulti Unlock Clientadb
Windows will then install the drivers.
Error Invalid file:
Software hangs while unlocking or detecting ADB device
- On Vista or Windows 7 32/64 byte OS, client must be run as administrator (right click on shortcut, select 'run as administrator')
- Your Anti Virus has deleted some files in the 'loaders' folder. Uninstall the unlocking software, disable your anti virus and try again.
- Your Anti Virus has deleted some important files. Uninstall the unlocking software, disable your anti virus and try again.
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista 32 bit
- Windows Vista 64 bit
- Windows 7 32 bit
- Windows 7 64 bit
Note: Your phone must be running 'Android' V2.1 or later
Use the Multi Unlock Client software to test this - Note: Must be in Debugging Mode
If you are having problems entering your unlock code using the specific SonyEricsson E15i Xperia X8 instructions above
then you might find some useful information in the generic Sony Ericsson instructions here.
It's worth looking at instructions for other Sony Ericsson models that are a similar model name/number.